I'll start this one off on a good note. Tonight I met three more of my father's friends that he has in china. Simon, an intelligent Australian guy, he was funny and was very careful to say things he knew for sure. He seemed gentle and relaxed I liked him a lot. Shiv, an older indian guy, he was friendly but very stern. He likes things done right the first time and tries to help the best he can. Then their was the swed, the chinese swedish gal, she was nice also very with drawn though, she did look tired mind you, so maybe that's not why she was so quiet. Her name was Mysha (not sure how to spell it but that's how it sounds if you're using english sounds. She was beautiful. Meeting them was fun but I managed to mess some things up. Second on a less prominent note being here in china has shown me how important learning another language is for me. Third comes the story of my mishaps. since I've gotten here save the first night I've been sleeping on the couch, my sister Lauryn Got here like two days ago and she sleeps on the actual bed for one night then says it hurts her back and my dad just goes 'take Morgan's spot' not even thinking it would bother me, but of course it pissed me off so I start to argue and I say, and I quote, "I don't want to move for Lauryn" and mind you I said it because it's true and I know that's a selfish reason but it was the truth. My sister Chelsea says that she's lost the little respect she had for me is gone and that just made me want choke her so I just said some insulting things that amounted to 'then don't talk to me ever again'. Now I know it is selfish to not want to move for my sister but why is it really? Just because she's my family is she really suppose to be special? how come I can't treat her like everyone else? don't get me wrong I love her but in all honesty I don't really like her all that much. I know she's my sister but there are only a few people in this work who I'd move for and she just isn't one of them. I believe in a standard relationship with the parents when it comes to family but to me the siblings have to actually work at it; to me the excuse but she's your sister doesn't cut it because I see the way people take advantage (like with my dad and his brothers and to some degree my mother and sisters) I know my parents don't want for me what they have with there siblings but it can't always be the way they want it and only a few things end up that way any how. I'm going to do what I see fit and if they can't get down with that it's too bad. They've lived their lives and I won't be letting them control mine. I know I being primitive you know, only looking out for this one but I don't believe in doing something for pretty much no reason (my back has been hurting form the first night I slept here) in the future if the way I am doesn't work out then I'll try being different but right now this it working for me.
Friday, June 20, 2008
I don't think like the family
I'll start this one off on a good note. Tonight I met three more of my father's friends that he has in china. Simon, an intelligent Australian guy, he was funny and was very careful to say things he knew for sure. He seemed gentle and relaxed I liked him a lot. Shiv, an older indian guy, he was friendly but very stern. He likes things done right the first time and tries to help the best he can. Then their was the swed, the chinese swedish gal, she was nice also very with drawn though, she did look tired mind you, so maybe that's not why she was so quiet. Her name was Mysha (not sure how to spell it but that's how it sounds if you're using english sounds. She was beautiful. Meeting them was fun but I managed to mess some things up. Second on a less prominent note being here in china has shown me how important learning another language is for me. Third comes the story of my mishaps. since I've gotten here save the first night I've been sleeping on the couch, my sister Lauryn Got here like two days ago and she sleeps on the actual bed for one night then says it hurts her back and my dad just goes 'take Morgan's spot' not even thinking it would bother me, but of course it pissed me off so I start to argue and I say, and I quote, "I don't want to move for Lauryn" and mind you I said it because it's true and I know that's a selfish reason but it was the truth. My sister Chelsea says that she's lost the little respect she had for me is gone and that just made me want choke her so I just said some insulting things that amounted to 'then don't talk to me ever again'. Now I know it is selfish to not want to move for my sister but why is it really? Just because she's my family is she really suppose to be special? how come I can't treat her like everyone else? don't get me wrong I love her but in all honesty I don't really like her all that much. I know she's my sister but there are only a few people in this work who I'd move for and she just isn't one of them. I believe in a standard relationship with the parents when it comes to family but to me the siblings have to actually work at it; to me the excuse but she's your sister doesn't cut it because I see the way people take advantage (like with my dad and his brothers and to some degree my mother and sisters) I know my parents don't want for me what they have with there siblings but it can't always be the way they want it and only a few things end up that way any how. I'm going to do what I see fit and if they can't get down with that it's too bad. They've lived their lives and I won't be letting them control mine. I know I being primitive you know, only looking out for this one but I don't believe in doing something for pretty much no reason (my back has been hurting form the first night I slept here) in the future if the way I am doesn't work out then I'll try being different but right now this it working for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment