Thursday, April 17, 2008
A Call From China
Today was a weird day I was swearing which is weird because I usually never do and I felt really dumb afterwards and I talk randomly and unnecessarily during class and things like that. I felt really odd. Katie came home with me so we could edit our movie for English and we watched Juno illegally on the Internet it was awesome, or at least better than the rest of the day I also fixed my guitar (now all I need is strings) and then my dad called he was pissed(fyi: my dad lives in china I live in the us of a with my mom. no they are not divorced, I kind of think they should be). Apparently my sister Chelsea told him about my sister Lauryn's idea to tell people at the school she's gay. Any who, I kind of feel bad for him because it was kind of out of the green (he soo knew a little) so now he's trying to get Lauryn to go live with him in china for the summer. On top of that when my dad told my mom about 'the plan' he told her not to tell my sister so she won't run away or anything and she did. So now he's pissed at her. There are so many things going on right now I really don't want to care about but I kind of have to. I wish I could pause things that really don't seem to matter at when things are happening like this. I would pause school and birthdays (my aunt's is on Saturday). The final bridge drawing is due tomorrow and I need to finish mine the first half of the chem lab is due I have a french quiz my math's not done I"m waiting for my tass letter so many things and in the middle of all that God told me what I'm suppose to do for him. So many times Ive heard people say that God called them and now I know what they're talking about. God is calling me to help raise money for missionaries and the aids crisis in Ethiopia. Now I know some of you now think I'm crazy but I was so weirdly apparent I couldn't just say it was a coincidence. It all started when I told my mom I was going into business instead of medicine and she was kind of in mother freak out mode and then after like a week she was like ok but you've got to do this right and she started the same 'go-to-a-good-school' lectures she gave me about medicine but for business, I was hooked, then my apologetics teacher started talking about how he and his wife were going to adopt a kid from Ethiopia and then I got to thinking about all those kids you know? So many of them are born with AIDs or they parents die form AIDs so many things you know? And on top of that My Schools LEAD team was accepting applications and they are all about serving God and I really really want to serve God and I wasn't sure how then Wednesday night at church This guy who was missioning in Ethiopia spoke and started talking about how even I could help by prying and stuff and at the time I was just like yeah yeah then Thursday morning this DR. who runs a hospital in the mountains of Afghanistan was just like we need money so we can help these people survive in the world and I was like 'this is it' so now I'm just trying to make these things official.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment