Saturday, April 19, 2008

Grace Center, Madame's, and my aunt

My aunt and Little Cousin Kennedy-->
As you all know yesterday for me was not to good but today totally made up for it. This morning I woke up at like 5 am. I know it's Saturday but I was really excited to go to Grace centers of hope with my peeps to volunteer. When we got there I was ready to start with some labor but they gave us a tour first the lady who was giving the tour was SO full of her self but I guess it doesn't really matter but she made me feel like the people staying there being rehabilitated were lab rats. Any who after that I chopped up onions Like huge onions it was brutal at first because my eyes were like dying, I'm pretty convinced they would have screamed if they could have. I was really fun then when I was about don't we started serving lunch which was cool to they were so nice and even though they were supposed to be recovering addicts I really couldn't see it they were amazing. The people there were beautiful these two guys George and Greg had finished the one year program and where in the part of the program where you're reintroduced to society. George was going to college to become a chief he was awesome you could tell he was a DIY kind of guy so he wasn't the best at giving directions but you could tell his heart was there. We talked to George for a minute and he said he'd tried his first drug at fourteen, he thirty eight now and been clean for three years. I must admit I had a soft spot for the Greg guy because that's my dads name he was nice too but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. After we cleaned up from lunch we started cutting up fruits for the dinner fruit salad. There was this girl Ashley (she didn't actually tell me her name but that's what she was called) who was helping out too. She was beautiful, I don't think I've ever seen anyone that beautiful in my life but you know looks aren't everything (this I know too well), she said she was there doing community service. After we left the center (which, ironically, right across the street from a bar/club) me and two of my friends went to our french teachers house to help her straighten out her iPod problems. We ended up talking for like two hours so despite my speeding to drop my friends off at how I was an hour and a half late for my aunt birthday party. Her party was kind of dead when I got there but we kind of revived it towards the end ( me and my sister Lauryn). Then I volunteered to take my little cousin for the night so my aunt and her husband could go out so that's actually whats going on now.

No comments: